Sunday, February 23, 2014

weekly stills // 23.02.14


KITTY PAWS & KITTY FRIENDS // A NIGHT OUT // WHAT I'D RATHER BE DOING TODAY

I spent yesterday trying to convince Jenkins to do the vacuuming for me, to no avail. Seriously, you'd think she could help out around the house a little more.

Then I went out (!) for a work friend's thirtieth birthday celebration. Aahh, I remember thirty. Thirty was good. I didn't get home until nearly 2am. I'm almost getting a bit too old for that sort of thing. But it was fun, so that's the important bit. I also had a very interesting conversation with my taxi driver home about mutton birds and wallaby and how both apparently go well with sweet chilli. Never tried either of them that way but I'm very curious now.

After this, I have a VERY important job to do. I'm going away on Year 7 camp on Monday for three days. We do lots of activities and we put the students into tribes for some of them. The tribes all have headbands that they wear (a bit like Survivor). Our old stash of headbands were pretty disgusting - when I opened the box, they nearly made me gag. So I trashed those and now I need to cut up some new ones. Bit of a pain in the bum, but actually not a bad way to spend a seedy Sunday afternoon. Not that I'm really seedy. Aherm. Sigh.

What are you up to today? Anything exciting?

Linking up with Em's Weekly Stills.

13 comments:

  1. now, I think making tribal head bands would be a perfect 1st activity for those year 7's:- creativity, team work, bonding etc. just a thought. Enjoy that camp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bit late this time around, but not a bad idea for next time. Mind you, we ended up spending a lot of time learning some basic manners, so I'd be a bit worried about attempting scissor work. Baby steps, it seems! :/

      Delete
  2. My two cats bolt when the vacuum comes out, they don't like the noise one bit.
    I hope you get through the headband making and get a bit of time to read Frankie mag before the weekend is over. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't get to Frankie last weekend but definitely

      Delete
    2. Oops! ... Definitely on the cards for this weekend!

      Delete
  3. That top cat picture is so beautiful. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thanks, that's such a lovely thing to say! Xx

      Delete
  4. You have the cutest cat:) Ahhh 30 that was a little while ago for me, sounds like an conversation in the cab drive home:) I hope you had fun on your school camp. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine, she's a bit cute indeed! xx

      Delete
  5. Love the moments captured of your cat, those paws!! hope the camp was enjoyable and you are still sane from the experience. I've had a crazy week but today l made a great pumpkin and carrot risotto and it was the ultimate TLC at dinnertime. Yum, nom nom. Have a wonderful week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandi - it was full on, I think most of us enjoyed most of it! Hope you've had a great week :)

      Delete
  6. I love those evening photos - gorgeous late summer dusky afternoony light!

    ReplyDelete

Aw, you commented - thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...